Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Babies...

I keep talking to all these beautiful pregnant girls about all different baby issues from being peed and pooped on to nursing to fears of the unknown...it's funny to look back and think about it all because I have this little man now and it seems like forever ago that he was so little...but it was only 20 months ago that I was scared to leave the hospital and not know what to do! It makes me excited for the next one when (hopefully) I won't be as scared to go home! I recently spoke to a girl about wipe warmers and the benefits of being able to cover your little boy with a warm wipe to avoid being sprayed. I really don't think I could count the number of times I was peed on...or had one of those wonderful milky poop explosions cover my clothes on the way out the door. The most memorable of those experiences is being covered while trying to nurse in the car while visiting my sister for the first time in San Francisco. I had just started nursing him when I felt it...my pants where covered...so I tried to wrap a bunch of receiving blankets around him to go find a bathroom...SF has NO change tables anywhere. A screaming, hungry, poopy baby is not fun...especially when you yourself are also covered...after enlisting the help of my husband and sister (they finally came back to see if I was done nursing) we got him all cleaned up in the trunk of the car and then had to go find some cheap pants for me to purchase so that we could continue on to the restaurant. I never thought I would look back at it as a fond memory!

As I talk to all these new moms and moms-to-be I realize that there are so many things I want to tell them that I wish people had told me (I tend to lack a filter)...but as I'm telling them things I realize that it doesn't come across as I want it to...how do you explain being pooped on as a good memory, or that you're exhausted and glowing happy, or that when they won't go to bed till 11pm and you can't get the kitchen cleaned and your stressed but they smile at you and say "momma" that nothing else matters? All I can say is that the little things people are trying to tell you so that you are aware of things you'll encounter, isn't a list of bad things, but things to make you more prepared. There is no way to explain the love and happiness you'll feel so the amazing parts aren't left out because they are insignificant but because they are indescribable!

No comments:

Post a Comment