Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Marriage and Children

Today is our 8 year wedding anniversary and I really don't know where the time went! It's amazing to think that I am 30 years old, have been married for 8 years and have an amazing 21 month old child. When I was younger I always thought that I would get married and have kids in my 30s...I did not expect to meet the love of my life so young. I am so emotional today...not sure why 8 years seems so astonishing...it isn't a major milestone but maybe it is just reflecting on all we have been through in the last two years. So many people talk about children crippling a marriage and I find it heartbreaking to think about. It is definitely hard, especially with a child who hates to sleep, to have quality time together but at the same time there is nothing that makes me happier than seeing my husband play with Connor and the two of them laughing. I am so lucky to have two amazing men in my life! Everyone warns me that if we don't spend more time just the two of us that we'll wake up one day when Connor is older and not know each other...I can't imagine that. No, we don't get a lot of time alone but we spend time out and about with the three of us laughing and playing and I think that counts as quality time just as much as a couples dinner. The other day we were walking home hand in hand pulling Connor in his wagon and I couldn't help thinking that this is all I could ever hoped for in a marriage and family.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! And what a sweet post! It made me a little teary-eyed. I think that the energy of a baby is transformative in a way that you - as parents as well as husband & wife - can direct. It can either pull you apart or bring you together depending on how you respond to the challenge. I love that you can see the real beauty and treasure each moment as it occurs. Pretty wise for being so young, lady!

    ReplyDelete