Thursday, June 7, 2012

Trials of Motherhood

As much as you want to focus on the blessings sometimes you have to just say "thank goodness they're cute" because you really don't know what else will get you through it! I have no idea what was going on the last few nights. We've always had sleep issues...which is why I love the book "Go the F to Sleep"...but the past little while I am at an absolute loss! Last night he screamed and pinched and was absolutely losing it...I have battle wounds to prove it...and then he finally cuddled next to me and went to sleep. They only seem to go to sleep when you are in the most awkward position...my head was half off the bed...but there was no way I was going to risk moving until he was dead asleep so I held my neck up and tried to focus on reading a book for 15 mins until I thought I could shift him...bad move...would have been better off with a badly kinked neck. He woke up screaming. And my child doesn't have one of those nice little cries...it is a high pitch, shriek, death scream! He lost it for another 20 mins and was completely inconsolable. Screaming and sobbing so hard that his body was shaking. All I could do was hold him and rock him (again in an uncomfortable position that seemed to calm him best and today my hip is killing me). There is nothing worse than an inconsolable child when you have NO IDEA what is wrong. It is heart breaking!!! After a good 20 mins he passed back out and I managed to lie him down. All that runs through my head is different things it could be...teeth, tummy ache, something hurting, angry about not nursing??? He seems to be in a good mood this morning but I'm a little nervous for what tonight will bring with Chris out playing hockey again. I'm not sure I have enough energy left to get me through another bad night. Prior to last night he has been taking on average 2-3 hours to get to bed. He's figured out that he should ask for a drink or cry that he is hungry and that will get him downstairs...now that I've resorted to bringing a sippy of water and crackers to the bedroom he just yells at the door. I may have to resort to a deadlock soon if this continues cause he is busy working on the little knob locks and I don't think it will be long before he can get out of my room. Smart little bugger. He may be crazy busy but he always stops to focus on the things he figures he should be able to do. The last time he focused like this was figuring out how to open the doors. At 15 months he was jumping up to grab the handle with a finger to get through all the doors in the house. Again...THANK GOODNESS THEY'RE CUTE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment