Friday, July 6, 2012

Welcome Home Smiles

I just read one of the cutest blogs...Honest Toddler...life from the toddlers perspective! I love it and added it to my blog list for those that want to check it out. The blog entry I just read was the toddlers view of daddy coming home at night...I loved it because I'm lucky enough to be the person that gets to do pick up duty and my poor husband is in charge of drop off for the day home. There is nothing more amazing than that "you are here now!" look. It melts my heart. I had a stampede function last night and when I opened the back door (I went home early so I wouldn't miss bed time), I heard "Momma!!" and little fat feet slapping against the hardwood as he ran from one end of the house to the other in his mission to get to me. When he reached me he wrapped his little arms around my legs, patted me and wouldn't let me take my shoes off. That heart stopping smile beaming at me with the "it is about bloody time" look made my entire day melt away and made the idea of being "pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen" sound like heaven! LOL! That might not make anyone else happy since my cooking isn't exactly wonderful and I am huge pregnant!!!

Happy Friday and enjoy those wonderful little smiles! I CANNOT wait to get home and see Connor tonight. Since its Stampede we'll be doing anything not Stampede related for the weekend as it gives us a chance to get out and (hopefully) avoid large crowds. If Chris isn't stuck working all weekend we may go to the Zoo and/or Calloway Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment