Friday, July 13, 2012

Cowboys & Babies

Stampede is over half way done and I'm exhausted! Working in a male dominated industry I find it amusing that most lunches and functions I attend the guys, all in cowboy hats instead of suites, are showing me pictures of their kids on their IPhones. It's like now that I am a mom that is the only thing I think about (which really isn't far from the truth to be honest!). Prior to having a baby I may have found this annoying but now I truly don't. I love talking about what kids are doing and the things they get into as they get older. I really have developed a one track (baby) mind!

We have taken full advantage of stampede...we've used the crowds being downtown to take Connor to the zoo and calaway park. It has been fantastic! The lineups for the penguins last weekend were 15 mins and every time we have been to the zoo since the exhibit opened the line has been over 2 hours. (I love the penguins but couldn't imagine waiting for that long. The 15 minute wait was long enough with a toddler). It turns out that the calaway season tickets were a great idea. There are so many rides for little ones that we went from ride to ride with Connor...it was a blast! We have not attempted the Stampede grounds with Connor because the idea of getting through those crowds with him wanting to run just doesn't seem like a good idea. We did do one pancake breakfast which was great. I think next year I'll take a day off during stampede and attempt to bring him down to the grounds once for the super dog show. I did see lots of strollers and I'm sure others had fun with their kids on the grounds...I just don't think it would be right for Connor this year (and I have bad luck with crowds...when I was prego a drunk guy thought it would be funny to spit on me...).

Happy Stampeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment