Wednesday, July 4, 2012

All you need is love...and birthday parties!

I love that Beatles song! I woke up humming it...I don't know if it was on the alarm radio this morning or where I heard it but I just love it! I am a dreamer and definitely believe that "all you need is love"!! I had an amazing night with Connor last night (Chris had his first stampede work function...we'll be trading off days over the next two weeks to attend the different events). I picked Connor up from his day home and we went and played at Gymboree until they kicked us out! He was hilarious and was the highlight of my day. He was climbing and laughing and I swear he has changed again in the last week...he's getting so big!

I'm very tempted to do his second birthday party at Gymboree again (that's where I had his first birthday party and I highly recommend it). Chris thinks that I need to do something different and my other options include the zoo or having a petting zoo come to the house. Any suggestions??? I love birthdays and I think Connors will continue to get more extravagant every year. I want it to always be an incredibly special day for him because I remember every one of my birthday parties growing up. Not everyone agrees with me on my birthday excitement and prefer to have just a family get together...but I love big birthdays and seeing the excitement on a child's face that the day is just about them! I may be slightly extreme...but I love it!!! The nice thing about the zoo and Gymboree is I won't have to clean up after...or before ;-) I have 2 months to plan and I'm already getting excited and thinking of what to do for goodie bags!!

No comments:

Post a Comment