Friday, April 27, 2012

Mothers Guilt

No matter how much confidence you try and have there is always guilt associated with motherhood...as I am learning. Have I done enough of this? Should I have done that? Why can't I be everywhere and do everything???? Today Connor gets his 18 month shots and I'm not there. Chris, who is horrible with needles, is taking him. I feel sick. Shouldn't a mother be there to hold their child as they get their shots?!? Chris is his dad and he will be amazing with him, but it doesn't make me feel any better. I have to give credit to women who work and have more than one child. I don't know how this balancing act works! I can't seem to find that balance that I am comfortable with. I need to work, I need to be a good mom, I need to try and keep the house presentable, I need to find time for me...I need a lot more hours in the day! Motherhood is amazing but it is also a delicate balancing act and I feel like I'm falling off right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment