Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Belated Mother's Day!!

Happy VERY belated Mothers Day to everyone (including those beautiful mothers-to-be)!!! I hope everyone enjoyed their special day! I received the cutest email with quotes...these were my favorites:

"Somebody said a mother can find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the books. That somebody never had a child stuff beans up his nose or in his ears."

"Somebody said if you're a "good" mother, your child will "turn out good." That somebody thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee."

Those quotes remind me that I have so much to look forward to!!! At the moment just sticking a finger up the nose is amusing! So many mothers think that they did something wrong when their child develops issues...I would like to tell those moms that you can only do so much and at that point you need to let your child venture out on their own and how they proceed is no reflection on your abilities. (Much easier said than done...I can only imagine...and yet I hope those moms realize it at some point!)

I had a fantastic mother's day. I was a little under the weather so Connor and I cuddled and had a long nap together and then we spent the afternoon with my father-in-law at Heritage Park at the Day out with Thomas the Train event. I definitely recommend that outing for toddlers. What a great day with horse and carriage rides and a 20 minute train ride. Connor decided to throw his new Thomas hat out the window of the train so my father-in-law was forced to run into the "no-entry" section to retrieve it! I love mother's day as a day to reflect on how lucky I am to have such a crazy, wonderful, little monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment